PHP is a scripting language that PHP developers use to write server-side logic for web development. But, it is not limited to web development only. PHP developers usually use it to develop projects like GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces).
The primary task of professional PHP developers is creating back-end components, connecting the application with other (third-party) web services, and collaborating with front-end developers for app integration.
Skilled PHP developers are in high demand for obvious reasons, as they are imperative for PHP-based web development. Not only this, but they also develop and integrate plugins for various popular frameworks.
Hence, if you are building a PHP-based web application and looking for the best PHP developer, you must write a well-crafted PHP developer JD to attract the best talent fitting your project requirements.
So, how to write a PHP job description? Let’s crack it step-by-step to understand better.
How To Write A PHP Developer Job Description
It is vital to write a PHP developer JD in a detailed manner where you have to mention every small detail related to the PHP developer’s role and responsibilities he or she will be performing after getting selected in your organization.
Here, we are sharing the PHP developer job description template to make it easy and convenient for you.
We have listed all the necessary details you will need to write an impeccable PHP developer JD, from citing PHP developer job requirements to the roles and responsibilities.
Our PHP developer jd template will help you hire the right candidate for your project.
PHP Developer Job Description Template
Check out this template to write your PHP developer job description or ad.
“In this section, write a short but catchy paragraph about your company while highlighting your company culture, perks, and benefits. Also, add your company’s USP, which makes it stand out from the rest.”
PHP Developer Job Description
Write this section crisply, concisely, and to the point. Write carefully about what role the PHP developer will play in your company, including a brief of the scope of work your developer will perform after getting selected for that particular role.
“We are eying for a dedicated PHP developer passionate about building top-notch software solutions per the project requirements. As a senior-level PHP developer, you will be primarily responsible for writing server-side logic, managing back-end services, and organizing data flow from the client to the user. Apart from this, you will be collaborating with front-end developers for integrating system applications.”
PHP Developer Skills & Qualifications
This is the most important section, as it will display the skills a developer must have to fit into your PHP developer job requirements.
So write this section very carefully and precisely, and it will attract the right candidates whether you are writing a PHP developer intern job description or a team lead PHP developer job description.
Some must-have PHP developer skills are:
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks like, Laravel and Yii (you can edit as per your requirements)
- Knowledge of MVC designs
- Understanding of various PHP frameworks
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Proficiency in Code Versioning Tools like Git and GitHub
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information & Technology or relevant field
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with the current development trends
- Minimum 2-4+ years of experience in the software development industry (you can edit no. of years as per your requirements)
- (You can add more skills according to your project/company requirements)
These blogs will be a valuable resource for you if you want to konw more about PHP.
PHP Developer Job Responsibilities
In this section, write down the responsibilities associated with the PHP developer role. It may vary for the senior, junior, team lead, intern, or full-stack PHP developer.
Here are some common PHP developer job responsibilities that you can mention in your PHP developer JD:
- Building testable, scalable, and reusable PHP modules
- Integrating the user interface part of the systems developed by front-end developers
- Writing backend codes
- Integrating data storage solutions
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams during the project development cycle
- Solving complex performance problems and resolving architectural issues
- You can add more responsibilities as per your project requirements.
We understand that asking the right questions to find an expert PHP developer is equally important. But knowing the answers to some fundamental questions will help you write the right PHP job description.
1. What does a PHP developer do?
A PHP developer writes server-side web application logic. They generally create backend components, integrate the user interface part developed by front-end developers, and connect the app with third-party web services.
2. Are PHP developers in demand?
Yes, skilled PHP developers are in demand as the technology captures about 34.90% technology market share as per statistics.
4. Is PHP developer a good job?
As PHP is in high demand, choosing to become a PHP developer will be a great pick.
6. What does PHP do for websites?
PHP is generally used to develop dynamic and interactive web applications and pages, and eCommerce platforms interact with databases and handle forms.
7. How much do PHP developers make?
An experienced PHP developer in India can make up to a salary ranging between ₹ 1.1 Lakhs to ₹ 6.0 Lakhs per annum with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.0 Lakhs.
8. Which PHP version is best for WordPress?
If you are using WordPress 5.9, it is recommended to use the PHP 8.1 version. The oldest version you can use with WordPress can be PHP 7.4, at least.
9. Is PHP good for freshers?
PHP is a great choice for freshers due to its simplicity, wide usage, and availability of many useful resources.
Hiring the right fit as per project needs can be a daunting task without proper information about the project requirements and scope of the project. So, it’s important to understand these two aspects before getting into the ground.
If you need quick help posting your job requirements as ads or via social or informative channels, you can prefer our PHP developer job description template.
But, if you are new to this field, a technical recruiter, a startup, or a project manager looking for fast and easy hiring, contact Sourcebae. We have a pool of talented pre-vetted dedicated PHP developers with 2,3,4,5+ years of experience.
Shubham is a professional marketer, startup enthusiast, and LinkedIn addict. He is helping IT agencies to grow 10 times by promoting the brands and companies. He would love to meet founders in tech services fields.